The information we collect typically falls under two categories.
Submitted information is that information which users voluntarily fill out in one of our several web forms. That information includes name and contact information such as mailing address, telephone number, and email address. That information can also include specifics about a user's education level, and which products or services that user might be interested in.
How is this information used?
This information allows us to pair each user with the most relevant schools and programs to suit their specific need. We also share this information with our affiliate schools and educational services that can also provide helpful information for users.
By voluntarily submitting information on OnlineUniversities.net, you agree with the following:
- You give us, our partner schools, and our third-party vendors the right to contact you by telephone, email, text, and mail with information or marketing regarding educational programs or other services. Such contact will be established in line with all pertinent laws.
- You agree to relinquish your rights under the Do Not Call law and other applicable laws for a period of time. By submitting information, you agree that we, as well as our affiliates and partners, are exempt from any federal or state Do Not Call requirements, and possibly other applicable laws as well.
- By submitting information on our site, you also grant us the right to, if necessary, share your information in order to comply with a subpoena or other legal procedure, as well as in any other case required by law. We will only assume this right in good faith. Examples may include instances when we believe releasing such information to be necessary to comply with a government or legal inquiry, to protect the safety of you or others, to investigate potential fraud, to ensure our rights, and/or should OnlineUniversities.net become involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of part or all of its assets to a third party.
- By submitting information, you agree and acknowledge that we may need to share such information with businesses fulfilling any kind administrative assistance for us, including but not limited to an email delivery service.
Users may opt out of undesired emails from us, a school, or a third party by unsubscribing from that email sender. Simply click the "unsubscribe" link in the email. You will not receive any further messages from that specific sender.
Like the majority of websites, we collect information automatically whenever a user visits our site. This user information is stored anonymously. Such data can include a user's browser version, operating system, and IP address. One common form of automatic information we use are "cookies," which are files that anonymously store data. You can read further about cookies below.
How is this information used?
This information is primarily used to better understand the way our users navigate our site, and to make changes that improve our site's overall user experience. This information is also used for web analytics, advertising and marketing improvement, and more.
When you use our website, we assume you consent to the way we gather and share data automatically. You therefore agree to our right to:
- Share data with our affiliated partners and schools. We share this information to help link our users with our partners' relevant programs, products, and services. This helps us provide you as much information and research as possible.
- You consent to our sharing of any collected information, personally identifiable or otherwise with businesses we hire to perform administrative assistance to our company.
- You also grant us the right to, if necessary, share your information in order to comply with a subpoena or other legal procedure, as well as in any other case required by law. We will only assume this right in good faith. Examples may include instance when we believe releasing such information to be necessary to comply with a government or legal inquiry, to protect the safety of you or others, to investigate potential fraud, to ensure our rights, and/or should OnlineUniversities.net become involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of part or all of its assets to a third party.
More About Cookies
Cookies are very small files of user data that are sent from a website into a user's web browser, and stored there. This allows our data to "remember" a user and better customize his or her subsequent trips to our site.
How are cookies used?
- Advertising: Advertising cookies are often call "third-party" cookies because they help our advertising partners monitor advertising performance, public relevant ads, and track navigation. This data is not personally identifiable. Thus, our users are protected and anonymous when we share third-party cookies.These cookies help our advertisers track marketing success and better target ads to our users. This creates better advertising effectiveness, and a better overall user experience.
Users can also decide to opt out across the board to targeted advertising when they use the Internet. Such an option means blocking advertising from all members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) as well as any advertisers who follow the Digital Advertising Alliances's (DAA) Self-Regulatory Principles, and other third-party advertising or ad networks. To opt out, simply visit the NAI or DAA website and follow the steps to unsubscribe.
If you having additional questions regarding anything you've read, feel free to contact us via our contact form.